Friday, November 11, 2005

Ok, so I'm finally going to start writing to my Blog. And also maybe Jon's too. We'll see.

I want to ask if this seems a wee odd.

I like to flick when I watch TV. I can't stand commercials. If I can watch something else that I can get SOME enjoyment out of instead of hearing about what drugs I need, why not? Chuck hates the flick and I tend to get beat on if I do it excessively but that's another story.

Now I've always considered myself diverse in terms of my likes and dislikes.. but this one struck me as a little odd. I caught myself flicking between The Ultimate Fighter (Mixed-Martial Arts reality show) and What Not to Wear (on TLC). One very testosterone based show and another that I picture a group of ladies watching together while sipping fruit wine and eating bon-bons.

At one point, I was torn between seeing what the 'subject' was going to come out wearing next and seeing whether Luke Cuommo was going to make the other guy submit to a rear naked choke hold.

On one hand, my masculinity seems secure, on the other.....

Thoughts?

7 Comments:

Blogger Sara and Scott said...

I think that any show where someone "submits to a rear naked choke hold" is far more threatening to your masculinity than... well really anything else on TV.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Henly said...

Now, now... it's not as a gay as it sounds. Ever watched Ultimate Fighting? I find it so much more interesting than boxing.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get in touch with your inner gay-ness Henley.

Whatever a "rear naked choke hold" is... it sure ain't hetero... assuming it's being performed by two men.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Henly said...

Ok, for those intimidated by the name.. Here
is a rear-naked choke. It's a submission move that basically has no escape. Once you're in it, it's over.

I agree it looks a little "intimate", but the guy's being knocked out.

8:50 AM  
Blogger DJ Alley said...

Face it Hen, you're gay.......Any MAN who can sit through Stacey and Clinton's witty banter and Clinton's little flourishes and THEN flip over to the sweaty man handling show.....Yeah..so GAY!! And the wife and kids does nothing to hide it.....COME OUT OF THE CLOSET HENLEY!!!!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Sara and Scott said...

I'm with Alley... you're a closet homo.

It's okay, I always thought you had good fashion sense.... I figured Chuck had something to do with it but I guess it was all you.

Apparently you have some kind of "rough sex" fetish too. I'll let Chuck know to buy some paddles.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of all the non-gay/sexual sounding moves you could have named from UFC... you pick the rear naked choke hold.

Maybe he just isn't getting any.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home