Friday, January 06, 2006

Need some music recommendations

Not for listening to, but for playing.

I'm starting to get back into playing guitar (acoustic) a little more and want some new material other than the usual bunch I play and sing. Right now I can't think of anything worthwhile, so I ask the masses. I typically play the chords of a song so I'm not necessarily looking for something with complicated picking. It doesn't matter if it's a male or female performer... I can make it work.

Any ideas?

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara and Scott said...

Dave Matthews band.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Henly said...

Ah, Dave would be challenging to pull off with all of the horn and other melodies that make up most of the songs.

Unless you can think of a specific tune that wouldn't sound completely hollow without the full accompaniment?

11:12 AM  
Blogger Sara and Scott said...

If you do decide to bake some cookies, you better send some this way.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Scott McCarthy said...

Hmm, ya I'm still avoiding Dave Matthews / constant hand cramping (much to Sara's demise). I mostly know Incubus songs, try Drive on the acoustic, Pardon me is easy and sounds good too. Don't forget Pink Floyd wish you were here type songs.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home