Thursday, January 12, 2006

Should have stopped at 'handsome'

I had the stepmom of a friend of mine apparently said the following things when she saw a recent video of me. She used to see me all the time, but hasn't in like 4 years so she was interested in seeing what I look like today:

1) "He's so tiny!" -- Ok, this is getting ridiculous. I have had about 6 people make references lately about how 'skinny' I am. Yes, I've dropped about 15 pounds but I'm still 165 lbs folks! That's still a fair size for my height. I dunno, maybe a year of being told I was letting myself go has warped me a bit. Still, I guess I'll take 'tiny' over 'obese'.

2) "He's so handsome!" -- Why, thank you! Always nice to hear, but was there ever any doubt? ;) Granted I did have my toque on in said video, so she couldn't see how I'd chopped my hair so much. I've had some mixed comments about that (but that's another story).

3) "He looks like a Backstreet Boy!" -- ..... say that again? "He looks like a Backstreet Boy!" He looks like a Backstreet Boy?? Oh my friggin god, just castrate me now then! For those that don't know me... Backstreet Boys is about the furthest from any sort of musical or style affiliation that I would ever want to be. I'm sure she meant it as a compliment, but yikes, comments like that make me want to back to my jesus/long hair rocker look. Although internally that conflicts with my 'Dad' role (and my 'that's so nineties' perception).

Someone please tell me that I don't look like a Backstreet Boy, pllleeease.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sara and Scott said...

You know what Henley... you were NEVER obese no matter what ANYONE said. Right now you look like you need a cheeseburger (or maybe some Taco Bell).

As for the hair, I like it short, and no it doesn't make you look like part of some nazi youth group, despite what some people say(maybe the same people who thought you looked like an obese person?)

Although you and I have never ever had anything more than a platonic relationship, despite the 90210ness of our group might I add, you are definitely a handsome dude.

I think my favourite Henly hairstyle is how you had it in Florida... that was perfect length, although I think the shaved look isn't bad for you. I'm definitely a bigger fan of the short but kinda long shaggy messy look.

The long hair, however, was not my thing. Keep it short, looks good on you.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Henly said...

Hear that, everyone?

Sounds like Sara has the hots for me. I always knew it!!

(I kid, I kid!)

All this Taco Bell talk is giving me a craving. I think I'll have to go tonight.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Sara and Scott said...

Yeah I'm totally into you Henly.
Lets hook up.
Then we can complete the circle of 90210.

oooooh maybe we should find MARIANNE again and I can set you two up on a blind date.

12:32 PM  
Blogger DJ Alley said...

MUAHAHAHA!! Yeah Henly I think it's time for a little "GUMS" in your life right now, to bring you back to earth. I WISH you looked like a BackStreet boy, but not AJ, he's an alcoholic, and the other one with the long hair kinda reminds me of your "high school days" long hair, so don't go back to that either.........

2:09 PM  
Blogger DJ Alley said...

Hey Sara, lets ask Henly if he wants to meet us at the Peach Pit for lunch so we can go back to Brenda's house for a foursome......Wait, I'm dating Dylan,....How bout next Friday???

2:11 PM  
Blogger Henly said...

10 years later, the ghost of Marianne persists.

Just for the record (again), I never dated her!! :p

Can we go into the 90210 world when Tiffany Amber-Thiessen joined? She put the rest of them to shame.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Sara and Scott said...

Don't worry Henly... Alley and I know exactly what your relationship was with Marianne...

We've heard ALL about it.... unfortunately.

8:34 AM  
Blogger DJ Alley said...

Good song of the day: Zero "Give It Away."

1:07 PM  
Blogger Henly said...

I've heard Zero... don't remember the song tho...

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home