Friday, May 19, 2006

Been so long.. + hockey

So yeah, I've been ignoring this space for a while.

I knew if I posted this week I'd just ranting about Sens. But I'm past that now.

Things have been good, life brings drama now and then, but I've learned the art of adaptation. Take it and roll with it. Recognize what you have power over and what you don't. Most of all, play nice.

First order of business, how'd I do with Round 2 predictions? Well, I sucked. Much like the Sens.

Ottawa(1) vs. Buffalo(4)
Prediction: Ottawa in 4
Result: Buffalo in 6
I'm not talking about this one. Except to say, who's really surprised.

Carolina(2) vs. New Jersey(3)
Prediction: NJ in 6
Result: Carolina in 5
Geez, Carolina made NJ look like the team they were for the first half of the year. I'm really surprised how shaky Brodeur looked. He was *decent* but he's usually inhuman in the playoffs. Gotta give credit to Carolina defense, from what I saw they did a great job.

San Jose(5) vs. Edmonton(8)
Prediction: San Jose in 7
Result: Edmonton in 6
Wow, just wow. After Game 2, Edmonton adapted and played the Sharks perfectly. Monsters like Cheechoo and Thornton disappeared. Right now, the Oilers have that *it* factor it takes to go all the way.

Anaheim(6) vs. Colorado(7)
Prediction: Anaheim in 6
Result: Anaheim in 4
Woohoo! I got one right! The Ducks carried their momentum from Round 1 right into this series and dominated the Avs. Their goalie (can't be bothered looking up how to spell his name) is benefitting from great defense and this team reminds me of the Ducks that went to Game 7 of the Finals with NJ a couple of years ago.

So, 1 for 4. Bad, bad, bad. Hopefully Round 3 will be better.

ROUND 3
--------
Carolina(2) vs. Buffalo(4)
Predition: Buffalo in 7
I just can't see this Carolina team playing for the cup. Buffalo showed in the first 2 rounds that they can play against 2 vastly different styles of hockey. I think they'll be able to solve Carolina's defense. It will be a close and long series though.

Anaheim(6) vs. Edmonton(8)
Prediction: Anaheim in 7
I'm glad I have a witness from when I picked Anaheim as my sleeper to win the West, cause I'm starting to look like a friggin genius. Edmonton, prove me wrong. I'd love to see you in the finals. Otherwise, I doubt I'll be watching them this year. Especially if it's Anaheim vs Carolina.. aacck! Edmonton is showing work, grit, and heart. Anaheim's been a machine. This will be fun to watch.

That's all for now.. I'll be back to posting regulary now I imagine.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the Sabres beat Ottawa in five games?

8:11 AM  
Blogger Henly said...

Yup, my bad. Should be 5 games.

Thx for reminding me. :p

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home