Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Either very brave or very dumb

Every year I participate in Tour Nortel, a cycling, skating, walking charity event for CHEO, the local kids hospital. This year, they're offereing a 70km cycle. Never one to shy away from a challenge, I'm going to give it a go. Last 3 years I've done only the 30km, but have felt like I had more gas in the tank. I used to do the 50km, but that was a few years ago now! I haven't been on my bike yet this year, and only started *training* on the bike in the gym yesterday (my bum hurts). Still I'm confident, I do feel I'm at my healthiest point in a long while. I've had a few people say I'm nuts for trying, we'll know for sure on May 7th!

Speaking of Tour Nortel, I'm still short of my fundraising total. If you don't hate children and wish to help out, you can sponsor me through this convenient web link. At a minimum, you can read why I want to support CHEO so much.


http://www.cgiottawa.com/ERDS/Donation.aspx?evt=9&i=38784


I appreciate anything you can give!

1 Comments:

Blogger DJ Alley said...

I'll be sitting along side the road with my beer, cheering you on!!! If you don't make it you can always stop by my house and I'll drive you back..hahahahahahaha See ya around 3 ish?? MUAHAHA

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home