Monday, April 17, 2006

When stories get scary

One of the cool things Jade does now is tell you a story. Usually it something funny that happened or how she fell and hurt herself. Sometimes, I just can't tell cause she talks a mile a minute and I can only make out the occasional word.

Yesterday, she was telling me a story which I was listening to attentively, not being to make out a word of it until the last two words: "Clothes off!"

This gave me pause. I just kind of stared at her for a minute, then she repeated the story. Again: "Clothes off!" After experiencing a WTF moment, I tried to think of what had happened the last little while that might have ended with "clothes off" but nothing came to mind. You can imagine my confusion right about now.

She repeated the story one more time and this time I was able to make out 'cat chases bear'. Ahh.. there's a bunch of silly commercials my Dad has on the computer, and it turns out she was telling me about them. (A cat takes off someone's pants by accident)

What a cutie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home