Sunday, April 16, 2006

Bye bye Leafs

I must say, even though I predicted at the beginning of the season that the Leafs wouldn't make the playoffs, they sure made it close. They did everything they had to do to stay in the running, but Tampa Bay sealed their fate last night. Thank you, Martin St. Louis.

Sens fans hate the Leafs almost as much as they love their own team, so the city is in mini-celebration mode today, myself included.

Speaking of fans, I thought I'd include a pic of your typical Leafs fan.


To the Leafs, have a good golfing season. Try to work on building a team that can finish higher than 10th in the conference. Oh, also have fun paying Belfour additional millions even though he won't be playing for you.

I'll have my season wrap-up along with playoff predictions later this week. There's one issue unsettled before then, can the Sens take top seed in the East? They've really shot themselves in the foot lately, losing to teams they should be beating. Finishing 2nd shouldn't be a factor unless they face Carolina in the conference final, but as you'll see in my predictions I don't expect that to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home