Friday, November 03, 2006

The Dash

A colleague at work died yesterday after a long battle with cancer. I'd never met her in person since she worked out of the North Carolina office, but I spent countless hours on the phone with her, working out issues and coming up with ideas. She was always a pleasure to work with. While admittedly there are some that make your job harder, she was always a help. I've missed her since she's been away from work, and I'm sad I won't have a chance to speak with her again. It's been my honour to know her.

A bunch of folks here have been trading emails, sharing their memories of her. One of them included this movie.

I'm usually not one to promote sappy sentimental stuff, but this one was well done and hit home a little.

2 Comments:

Blogger DJ Alley said...

It's kind of one of those "live for today" kind of movies....What did you do in your life that you are proud of, and did you live life to it's fullest, and make every day count...Like, Don't Sweat The Small Stuff. (And it's ALL the small stuff). I love that book. While we're being introspective...Anyone read it???

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed that and think that I'll yoink the "dash" bit for the next eulogy I have to write... hopefully I don't need it anytime soon though.

Sorry for your loss - even if you didn't know her personally, I'm sure it's pretty sad.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home