Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Yardwork = Fun!

A little history. My backyard for years has been off limits to humans. That's where the dogs went. Yes, of course we cleaned up once in a while but overall it has always been a dark, scary, smelly place.

It's basically been left to go wild since the melting of the snow. Seriously, it's been looking like Lorne Greene's New Wilderness out there (there's an 80s reference for you). I expected to see gazelles bounding through the small trees that used to be dandelions. I'm kicking myself for not taking a "before" picture, cause honestly you'd all get a kick out of how bad it got! I don't like grass and plants.

So yesterday I finally had the 1) Motivation, 2) Time, 3) Weather to start tackling things. As simple as running the lawnmower thru everything? No, no.. I knew this was too big of a task for the lawnmower. So I pulled out the weedwhacker from the garage (after being pleasantly surprised that I had a weedwhacker... Jon, I think this might be yours?) and went to town on the 1.5+ foot blades of grass. I'm actually not kidding! Took me a good 45 minutes. Must have been a sight for my neighbours. I also had to avoid some of the dog poop hidden beneath the mini-rainforest. After the chopping, I ran the lawnmower over it all and it still stalled 3 times cause the grass was so thick.

Next step, I gotta bag all that fraking grass! :P

Those in the know, not sure you've been keeping track, but yesterday was my anniversary. All was good, no concerns. A hug and well wishes were even shared with Chuck.

2 Comments:

Blogger DJ Alley said...

Wow, you have a backyard????

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought we agreed that paving the backyard was the answer! :-)

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home