Friday, September 29, 2006

See? Sometimes procrastination DOES payoff!

Two examples:
  • Earlier this year, one of my colleagues was poking fun at me because I had lost my gym bag and I was using a plastic bag (classy, I know) for all my stuff when going to the gym at work. I kept saying "I'll get one soon, I'll get one soon". This went on for about a month. Then I participated in the Tour Nortel and raised more than $500. The 'Surprise Special Reward' given to those earning more than $500 in pledges? A gym bag.
  • Those that have been in my kitchen recently (why does that remind me of 'Cheers'?), may have noticed that my light has been burnt out for... oh, a little while. If I had lightbulbs in the house, it would have been replaced immediately. However, there were none to be found. Anytime I was driving home from work I would think "Should I stop and get some bulbs on my way?" Apathy would always win out. Besides, there was plenty of light if I kept the fridge door open! (That's a little joke.) So what did Ottawa Hydro leave in my mailbox last week? A light bulb.
"Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow?"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That attitude really explains your hair cut.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Henly said...

Dear Anon,

My hair has been a lot longer than it is right now! Bsides, the shaggy look is "in".

And you're one to talk, the guy who gets his wife to cut his hair, resulting in a 1950's geek look!

For shame!

4:03 PM  
Blogger DJ Alley said...

Both of you need to visit a salon OTHER than First Choice and Chez "wife with bowl" hair cutters.
Jimmy Falon has some hot lookin hair....
*WINK*

10:36 PM  
Blogger Sara and Scott said...

Oh yes,
Henly and the Jimmy Fallon look.

I'm with you Alley... we've both been saying that for years.

And "Chez Wife with Bowl" is a no go, anon.

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home