Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Huh? Wha?

Actual mother/daugher conversations:

Mom: Don't drive a black car, ok?
Daughter: Umm... why?
M: My friend went to a psychic that told her to stay away from black cars because she foresaw an accident in a black car.
D: We have 2 black cars.
M: I thought they were blue!

--------------------------------------------------------

D: I may switch jobs and end up working downtown. (Ottawa)
M : You wouldn't work downtown would you???
D: Why not?
M: With all the terrorism??

------------------------------------------------------------

M: I'm nervous about you going to Cuba next month.
D: Why, because I'm pregant?
M: Yes, people down there are very poor and babies can be sold for a lot of money!
D: Are you suggesting that people might take out my baby and sell it?
M: Or keep you prisoner until it's born.

(I love this one, because it's not the flight, or the risk of disease, or the potential sketchy political situation. It's baby snatchers.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Where on earth did you hear these?

5:51 PM  
Blogger EUC said...

Sounds like my aunt the mad cow, who told me that because I went for a run every morning I was in Cuba I deserved to be raped and killed. Luckily I didn't run into any baby sellers. Bizarre.

6:48 PM  
Blogger DJ Alley said...

Serously where DID you here these???

5:02 PM  
Blogger ~ said...

So, I see you've met my mother.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home