Monday, January 23, 2006

Is there a more depressing band than Stabbing Westward?

Have you ever found yourself digging a band, song, album, but never really paid attention to the lyrics?

Maybe it's just me, I've always place more emphasis on the actual music.

I've been into a heavier music phase lately, and one of the bands that has found its way into my CD player lately is Stabbing Westward. I never really paid attention to the lyrics very much before.. but I was listening to one of my favourites, Shame, and was picking up on the lyrics:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/stabbingwestward/shame.html

Holy crap, that's low, eh? Browse around some of their other stuff, you'll notice quite the theme. Their songwriter has got some SERIOUS baggage!!

In any case, I've listed Shame as song as the day, cause it's still a rockin' tune.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home