Wednesday, February 22, 2006

If only they awarded a medal for 4th...

So Canada is having a decent Olympics. 15 medals so far, with a chance of getting another 3 or 4.

A bit below the target of 25/26 they had, but they should still finish in the top 5 of all countries, which is pretty decent!

However, the amount of 4th place finishes is startling. I've counted 9, but I've heard it's 10. TEN. Is Canada just snakebitten? Is it true what they say about Canada in the Olympics? Do we just strive for Bronze? We'd be leading the medal standings if a little over half of those finishes became 3rd. If I was competing, I think I'd feel awful about coming so close to a medal. I'm sure there's a lot of pride in being able to say you were the 4th best in the world, but doesn't everybody want the hardware?

Maybe the Olympic committee should learn from Project Gotham Racing 2 and introduce a 'Steel' medal. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home