Tuesday, May 30, 2006

That girl knows how to get my goat...

One skill Jade seems to have picked up on is to identify the things that bother me and throw them in my face (said very lightheartedly). It seems her natural female personality is coming through (said again, very lightheartedly)!

My Mother (of all people) during the 2nd round of the playoffs taught her to say "Go Sabres Go!" (I've already had a sit-down discussion with my Mother to discuss where her desire to corrupt her own grandaughter is coming from.) Jade noticed that saying this to me would cause me to go a lovely shade of crimson, turn all wide-eyed and yell "Go SENS go!". We'd go back and forth for 5 minutes, with me geting more and more animated. She'd just laugh at me more. I thought she would forget the whole thing after that initial day, but apparently our conflict left a lasting impression on her since she still will start up with that evil chant.

In order to effectively continue this story, I have to admit something about Jade. She likes bannisters. A lot. Kind of how women talk about liking laundry machines. Say no more. I try to block it out when I can. She somehow realizes that I'm not keen on her doing it.

That being said, this morning after breakfast we were joking around a bit and I guess she decided to try and get me going and went to her favourite place at the bannister and started her 'activities'. Not only that but she was saying 'It's time to get my jollies, I'm getting my jollies!' (I did NOT teach her that!!)

So while she's doing this, I'm rocking back in forth in the corner, telling myself "Everything is going to be ok, I can get a shotgun and a lock for her bedroom door for when she's 6". I guess she figured that I wasn't reacting strong enough to her taunts, because while she's still being 'intimate' with the bannister she decided to up the ante with a resounding chant of "Go Sabres Go!".

Damn you, Mother.

13 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

You have failed to mention that she has driven other people crazy with her "Go Sabres Go!" antics. She went on with her chanting for like 20 minutes with me during the final Sens game...

11:05 AM  
Blogger ElaineMI said...

Two words for you....CHASTITY BELT

1:19 PM  
Blogger ElaineMI said...

While, uh....getting one's jollies is a natural thing, Jade is not too young to be taught that 'some things' are better to be done in private. Of course, this will discourage her from playing with the bannister...unless you install one in her room.

By the way, when she's old enough to read this, she's going to be oh so mad at you for embarrassing her this way. LOL

1:22 PM  
Blogger DJ Alley said...

You need to assert some parental control Henly...

9:25 AM  
Blogger Henly said...

Yeah, I'll work on convincing her that it should be done in private.. it just feels weird having that discussion so YOUNG!

An article Sara sent me talked about kids starting at 5 or 6!

10:29 AM  
Blogger ElaineMI said...

You don't want to teach her it's a shameful thing. It's really not. It's natural, it's fun and it feels good (oh my God...I'm having this conversation???!!!???). It's just that you would really hate for her to spot a flag pole and decide to shimmy up it with a cheering crowd below. Flag pole? Strip pole? I think you'd better sit down, Henly....have a drink. Good luck!!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

She probably won't even be bothered by the conversation. I agree with Elaine...as long as you don't make a big deal of it, neither will she. Year of teaching sex ed have taught me that if you're cool with the subject, so are the people you're talking to.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Red said...

Hen I think besides having the converstaion with Jade, there is one other person that you should be having a few conversations with about and you know what I am talking about!!!!
Oh, and I like when jade chants about teams other than the sens, I will have to let her know that the next time I see her...LOL

12:49 PM  
Blogger Henly said...

Maybe this is what I need to show Jade...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:God-kills-kitten.jpg

2:02 PM  
Blogger ElaineMI said...

You are so bad

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to talk to Mom too. The proper chant is "Let's Go Buffalo!"

Think of the kittens!

-anon

3:16 PM  
Blogger DJ Alley said...

So Red, what ARE you talking about???

8:02 AM  
Blogger Red said...

What I am talking about is between me, henle, and my titties!!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home