Monday, November 13, 2006

Elton John Religion Ban

Apparently Elton John wants to ban religion.

Of course, I really don't think he's being completely serious but you can understand his frustration. While I know there are divisions of the major religions that support homosexuality, religious leaders always balk at or avoid the topic.

"Organized religion doesn't seem to work. It turns people into really hateful lemmings and it's not really compassionate."

History is riddled with wars brought on by religious difference, so he may have a point here. I don't mean religion, I mean ORGANIZED religion. Belief is one of the strongest human tools, I wouldn't make little of it. Perhaps religion is better served as a personal matter, and should never be a public issue or policy.

2 Comments:

Blogger ElaineMI said...

Amen....no pun intended.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Henly said...

No no, RAmen! ;)

(See Nov 14th post)

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home